CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Well, so far, 2010 is looking good still!

I am feeling really calm, happy and finally caught up on the sleep I missed out on from New Years Eve! (I must be getting old – it took me almost 3 whole weeks!)

The girls and I have had some lovely days at home and out, but I am really looking forward to my big girl starting school next year. She is excited too which is great – there are only 8 sleeps left apparently LOL.

Embracing my true self has also brought me much happiness. So that has meant that every time I’ve been anywhere this year (even just to go and get the paper), I have been dressing nicely and making an effort; I’ve also been enjoying creativity – not so much of my own lately, but browsing artsy blogs/internet sites, admiring art wherever I am etc.

I’ve also noticed that sticking with my new skin care routine for almost 2 whole months has brought tremendous change – my skin really is much better – sure I get the odd hormonal break out, but I can’t really do much about my hormones LOL And I’m finding spending 5 minutes cleaning my face when I first wake up is a great way to start the day – just to clear the sleep and refresh myself.

So far my social life has been ok too. I only have every second weekend to “play”, and on my last weekend I had dinner at my brothers house on the Friday night, then went out to dinner with them on the Saturday night. Yes, my social life last weekend revolved around my brothers, and I’m guessing that quite often they will – they are the few people I know who have an active social life – I guess that what comes when you don’t have kids LOL

This weekend coming however, I am going to dinner with some girlfriends on the Friday night and not entirely sure what Saturday night will bring. There are a few movies out at the moment that I wouldn’t mind seeing so I may just go to the movies.

And just to top off the start of the year, I have bought a Yoga & Stretching DVD and am going to do the Yoga routine every day – I started today! I struggle with holding tension in my shoulders and neck, and whilst I do have access to the wonderful J (a qualified beauty and massage therapist), I really need to do something to prevent the problems, rather than just deal with it once its painful. I was really happy with today’s workout – I managed it all and am sure that with continued practice I will reap the rewards.

Fingers crossed 2010 stays looking this positive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)