CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 - I'm looking forward to it!

Well its now 2010 and I have to say I'm really looking forward to it! The past few years have been so serious and draining and pretty full on, but I'm feeling really optimistic about this year.

There are 2 things that have happened so far that have led me to this feeling.

Firstly I read this quote that fits me perfectly and I'm determined to let it resonate through my mind and remember it always...

"Reality is a Perfectionists Nightmare"

Perfect for me - I'm a perfectionist that likes to plan and control things decades in advance, and its a nice reminder that you really can't plan for reality. And funnily enough, when I've just gone with the flow a little more, everything has turned out ok!

The other thing that has happened is that I have worked out two things I am going to work on this year. Its not a huge list, but I believe these two areas of my life are crucial to my sanity, my happiness and my fulfillment.

So, this year I'm going to make a concerted effort to do something creative every single week and I'm also going to work on having a more active social life.

Creativity - whether I am the one being creative or if I'm enjoying other peoples creativity - brings me such happiness that I cannot imagine not having it in my life.

I also need to socialise more with adults. I spent several days between Christmas and New Year doing just this and it gave me such a boost - I felt so much more confident in myself and my brain actually felt stimulated.

These might seem like new years resolutions, but I am not a big fan of NYR's, and the timing is really just coincidental - I've had the opportunity to do some reflecting and this is what has come of it.

The other thing running through my mind is returning to work. From March I could work for a few hours on Monday's, so I'm going to approach our local supermarket and just see if they have anything suitable. Its not glamorous work and hardly my ideal job, but it will give me a little boost financially, and also with my confidence to look for work seriously once Miss 3 starts school in 2011.

I am craving working but the reality is that I have 2 young children who still need me and I don't have alternative care arrangements for.

Well, it hasn't really stopped raining here since Christmas, which has been lovely, but its meant I'm not getting enough time outside and my body is noticing it - I'm not sleeping well and am grumpy! So, I'm off to sit outside and just get some fresh rainy air.

2 comments:

Eilleen

Theresa,

Thank you soooo much for commenting in my blog about this.

I am always amazed at how much our lives mirror each others. It almost always feels like we are connected on some astral plane somewhere and we are echoes of each other's thoughts....and by hearing yours, then mine seem somehow to be clearer.

I wish you a wonderful 2010!! May the two of us finally get a year where we are able to finally relax and let go knowing full well we are going to be alright.

Love,
E

Theresa

Oh E I think you are spot on! So often I read your blog and have a light bulb moment of my own - its like the chaos in my head suddenly seems clearer.

Here's to a fabulous 2010 for both of us!

Love
T

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)