Not the movie though!!!!
I just finished reading the book, and OH MY GOODNESS... it has touched me no end :)
Through Uni, I had to watch a talk given by the author, Elizabeth Gilbert, on creativity. Throughout the 20 odd minutes of her talk, I felt so deeply touched by and connected to her words and her way of expressing what she was wanting to say. I then rushed to the computer to reserve a copy of the book at my local library, and didn't regret it at all.
It has made me want to pack up for a year and go traveling, but my life is currently a little more complicated than Ms Gilbert's - children will do that!! But, it doesn't mean I can't take baby steps to at least improve myself and my life even more.
And you know what, already this weekend is shaping up to be a lovely one, filled with lots of peace, calmness, and joy.
As soon as I finished the book this morning, I got busy around the house doing those usual weekendy things that need doing... and flying through them without whinging - I was feeling all joyous, and inspired. I even managed to finish NEXT WEEKS uni work!!!!
Tonight I'm going to listen to some of my new meditations, have a nice long bath, and in general, relax and dwell on this joyousness :)
Tomorrow I'm off to visit my baby brother in his new house - his first home - I'm so proud of him and can't wait to see it! Of course, after I do that I get to pick up my beautiful girls and bring them home.
Oh and for TAM, I'm studying a single unit at the moment - Art & Creativity - but it's part of a Fine Arts & Visual Culture degree :)
Some of my Uni Creativity
15 years ago


1 comments:
Theresa that sounds like an AWESOME course. Good on you!
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)